Federal Agencies and Hotlines
- The Centers for Disease Control provides updates on the virus and safety information for the public and healthcare professionals. If you have general questions for the CDC, call: 800-232-4636.
- The State Department provides a list of travel advisories for those who are planning to fly outside of the United States.
- U.S. Small Business Administration provides emergency relief funding, loans and resources for American workers and small businesses. If you lead a small business and have questions about applying for a Disaster Loan, call: 1-800-659-2955 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. Department of Labor provides information on how to receive unemployment insurance benefits for workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
National Hotlines and Resources:
- Food assistance: To find food assistance near you, you can also call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline: If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, call 911. If you, or someone you care about, is not in immediate danger and would like to call the Disaster Distress Helpline, call: 1-800-985-5990 or you can text “TalkWithUs” to 66746.
- Domestic Abuse Hotline: If you are a victim of domestic abuse, visit the Domestic Abuse Hotline or call 1-800-799-SAFE. Advocates are available 24/7 and all calls are free and confidential. If you are not comfortable speaking with someone directly, support is also available through a live chat.
- Veterans Crisis Line: If you are a veteran in crisis, you can connect with a Veterans Crisis Line responder anytime day or night by calling 800-273-8255, then selecting 1.
- American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers: If you’re healthy and able, set up an appointment to donate blood by visiting the website of: The American Red Cross America’s Blood Centers.